Updated: Aug 11, 2019
Hello Pilates lovers,
I'm back again, and its Summer!
The June/July term has finished and Summer Sessions are underway. For those of you who are taking a break over the Summer holidays, I have a little video for you! Its a super quick workout designed to strengthen and mobilise your hips. You can repeat it as many times as you like - remember to do both sides! I hope to post more of these little workouts over Summer, so you can try them at home and stay on top of your Pilates practise.
The exercises are:-
- Oyster pulses
- Oyster with toe taps
- Bent knee front and back
- Straight leg front and back
- Side lying circles
- Side lying lift and lower
- Keep hips stacked, ie. one hip bone directly above the other and don't allow hips to roll back;
- Keep ribs drawing down towards hips and not flaring or pushing forward;
- Look straight ahead to keep neck in line with your spine;
- Keep straight leg in line with hip for circles and lift and lower;
- Try to move smoothly throughout;
- KEEP BREATHING! ;)
This is my first video, so apologies if the quality isn't the best! I'd appreciate any feedback so feel free to let me know what you think and if there's anything you'd like to see.